Here are some tips that can help you prolong life of devices. The mobile phones, laptops and tablets that we buy have rechargeable Lithium Ion that degrade its performance with time. But with these tips you can increase life of batteries from 1 to 2 years or more. The question that pops up is do we really need to charge our phones overnight? Can we drain the battery till 0% or we must charge it upto 100%?
The gadgets providers have provided the information in their manual given during purchase of the devices. After going through different manuals. I created this summary on how to maximize the battery lifespan.
- Do not leave your device in the car or under exposure of high temperature because prolong exposure may lead batteries to lose capacity or permanently damage the battery of your electronic device.
- Charging Level– The cycle life of Lithium batteries can be increased by reducing the charging cut off voltage. The suggested best charged level is between 70-80%. Don’t use device continuously till the time it finally dies i.e. 0% or 10%. Don’t keep your phone’s battery unnecessarily in a fully charge condition.
- Unplug any accessories connected to your device that is not in use. As accessories also drain battery.
- Don’t charge your phone with case cover on as the heat produced during the charging may damage you battery in a way. The case design must be efficient such that it evolve the heat properly.
- If you are storing your device for a month or more charge it to around 60%. If the device is fully charged, discharge it, shut-down the device and store it in a cool dry place.
These tips will benefit to those who have battery life issues with their gadgets and do not upgrade them frequently.
You may also read: TOP 10 WEBSITES TO DOWNLOAD AND WATCH MOVIES IN HD 2015