In my previous article, “Top 3 Methods To Trace a Mobile Number“, i have told you about Truecaller, that it can be used to find name, service provider, etc. basically all the details of a phone number.
When it comes to dig some details about anonymous number or any random mobile number, Truecaller is life savior. Some people confuses on, how it provides the details about any person, including us, even though when we are not registered!! It’s simple; crowd-source all the contact details from the users, and then searching for the number you feed in, thus making it a simpler task.
However, there might be a case where you don’t find any details of a mobile number! Reason being, that particular mobile number is not saved in any of the truecaller user’s device.
MUST READ :: How To Find Person Behind an E-mail Address
Why You Should Remove / Unlist Your Number From Truecaller
Despite of having these advantages, it has some disadvantages too. Yup, you heard right! How? Well, you probably know that truecaller lists landline numbers too, not only this; it shows the address. You’ll say it’s not possible….. think again, is it?
We all need privacy in life, and obviously, we do not want our address to be known to any stranger. But, public source is the major sourcing of data in truecaller. Most of the telecom providers made most of your information public, including your address. So, if a person knows your landline number, there are 75% of chances that he/she will get to know your registered address!
I guess, the above mentioned disadvantage is enough to convince you to Remove / Unlist Your Number From Truecaller, it’s for your own safety and security purpose.
Below i have discussed some ways to Remove / Unlist Your Number From Truecaller in different platforms : Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
For complete removal of your number from their directories, first you must deactivate your number.
#How To deactivate your number in Android
- Open the app
- In the top left corner, tap on peoples icon.
- Go to settings.
- Tap on about option and then on Deactivate Account.
#How To deactivate your number in iOS
- Open the app
- In the lower right corner, tap on Me section.
- Now, in upper right corner tap on Gear icon.
- Now, tap on About Truecaller, after scrolling down, tap on deactivate account.
#How To deactivate your number in Windows Phone
- Open the app and tap on options (represented by 3 vertical dots), present in bottom right corner
- Now, tap on settings
- Tap on Deactivate account
Remove / Unlist Your Number From Truecaller
- First of all, visit their unlist page
- Then, with proper country code; enter your mobile number
- For unlisting your number select any reason
- Now, last thing you have to do is to verify captcha.
- Click unlist!
That is it! As claimed by Truecaller your mobile number will be removed from their directories within 24 hours. If you like this article, give it a thumbs up and share it with your friends!