#Gandhijayanti #FatherOf Nation #Bapu #MKGandhi
The nation today remembered on his 146th birth anniversary. Mahatma Gandhi also known as Bapu or Father of nation, figured out a path of victory by
violence non-violence and peace formerly known as ahimsa and satyagrah.
Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was the full name of mahatma Gandhi. Indians describe Gandhi with the title “Father of nation”.
Some teachings of Mahatma Gandhi …
1. Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
2. There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed.
3. Power is of two kinds. One is obtained by the fear of punishment and the other by acts of love. Power based on love is a thousand times more effective and permanent then the one derived from fear of punishment.
4. In a gentle way you can shake the world.
5. A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes.
6. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.
7. The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.
8. An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blinds.
9. You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
10.Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
Gandhiji Talisman that expresses his deep social understanding.
“I will give you a talisman. Whenever you are in doubt, or when the self becomes too much with you, apply the following test. Recall the face of the poorest and the weakest man [woman] whom you may have seen, and ask yourself, if the step you contemplate is going to be of any use to him [her]. Will he [she] gain anything by it? Will it restore him [her] to a control over his [her] own life and destiny? In other words, will it lead to swaraj [freedom] for the hungry and spiritually starving millions?
Then you will find your doubts and your self melt away.”
– One of the last notes left behind by Gandhi in 1948, expressing his deepest social thought.
Source: Mahatma Gandhi [Last Phase, Vol. II (1958), P. 65]
READ: Google Tricks